3.19.2010

Style Photo: Bantu Braid Out



How I acheived this look:

*Washed with "Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo" this time. This is the first time I've tried this one. I actually purchased it by accident but it wasn't bad. Not quite as good as the "CON Detangling Conditioning Shampoo" (which is my usual)but to be fair I should probably reserve judgement until I've tried it more than once.

*DC'ed with "Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner" for 30 minutes under my homeade heating cap.

*I applied "Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner" which I absolutely LOVE. If you haven't tried this you should definitely do so. It's very cost friendly and makes my hair sooo soft. I applied this in sections and twisted as I went along. I've found that this leave in works really well if you allow it to sit for a few minutes.

*Next (and this is really 2 steps) I applied a tiny bit of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to the section followed by my shea butter mix.

*Finally, the styling was simply braiding my hair in approximately 15 sections and bantu knotting them. I allowed this to dry overnight and when I took them down I was VERY gentle with unbraiding. I ever so slightly and gently pulled the braids apart and used a pick to lift my roots to cover up the parts. I really like how it turned out. It felt very dramatic and VA-VA-Voomish. Lol.

Oh I guess I'll post this pic of what it looked like after I unknotted and braided it but before I pulled it apart. Fair warning though: I look a bit rough. Dry lips and all. Lol Normally I put photos in successive order but I couldn't let that be the first photo ya'll see when you stop through. I might scare people away. Hahaha. Ok. Enough of all that. Enjoy, and if anybody tries this look I'd love to see pics and post them for others to see.

No comments: