5.16.2009

Updates, Staples, Stayed tuned....


Hello out there to anyone who may still happen to be following my few and far in between posts. How are you? Lol. I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my hair as of late. I always say I am still enjoying my hair but I haven't really given any details lately. My excuse for absence is simply this; my main computer where I store all my photos is down and I also have been incredibly busy and I hate to just not let you guys see photos of what I'm doing to my hair. I do have a couple of back photos that I promise to upload soon but in the meantime I'll just give some updates.
I have somehow become obsessed with length and I have been unhappy with the growth I've acquired thus far so I decided to put my hair up so for the last 8 weeks I have been in kinky twists. I am on my second set in a row thus far. I (unfortunately) didn't take a picture of the first set but I will get a picture of the set I have now. I am getting much better at them by the way. My hair is growing and I am excited to get this next 3-4 weeks out of the way because then I am going to be having a GRAND time playing in my hair.
I am learning what products work for my hair and that in itself is so freeing because it frees me from trying every product that is raved about on the scene. And there are ALOT. There will always be a new, exciting, and amazing product or line of products. Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't try them or anything but I just find a comfort in knowing that I have some staples in my hair life. Huh? What are my staples? Oh. Sure I'll tell you what staples I've acquired thus far.

Staples:
-Shea butter
- Hands down one of THE BEST moisturizers ever. Atleast for my hair.
-Kemi Oyl- Omg! ya'll already know. I dedicated an entire post to this product awhile back.
-My Homeade Spritzer- Now this is my own recipe. It's a very simple, no measure (for the most part)Mixture made of 1 part glycerin (or veggie glycerin. I've tried both they work the same to me) to 2 parts water. I then add a bit of jojoba oil (you don't have to use jojoba) and finally about 5 drops of peppermint oil for prservation and scalp stimulation. I just can't tell you how much my hair loves this. I use this as my braid spray while my twists are in.
I also have some other staple shampoo and conitioners but I am always on the lookout for a great conditioner so I guess the PJ in me lives to fight another day. :P

No comments: