3.20.2011

Coiffure is Expanding

In my quest to find healthier alternatives for hair care it seemed silly to have such high standards for my hair and not my body. I have to care about what I'm putting on and in my body as well as my hair. Just as I have shared my natural hair care journey with you I'd like to share this journey as well. I hope you don't mind.

I am expanding Coiffure to include all things natural. I truly believe that God has provided all that we need in nature. I also believe that God has gifted us with minds that are able to conceive witty inventions and create ways to make life easier for us. Having said that, when have we gone too far? Our society is so greedy for monetary wealth that our physical health has taken a back seat. It's sometimes too much to take in when you read or hear about what else "they" are putting in our food or body products. I'd find myself tuning things out for sometimes because the gravity of it all is so heavy. I'm sure some of you have done this as well. It's so much.
How do you totally revamp your life and only buy things that you know are safe for your family? Do you just stop eating meat? Buy all organic? Make your own body products? If so how do you afford this new lifestyle?
I most definitely don't have all the answers, but I am again embarking upon a journey and you are most welcome to join me or just read as I share. :)

ETA: I will be updating the design and name of Coiffure so please bear with me if you stop by and you don't recognize the place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like we are both on a journey, huh? LOL

I hear ya. Now that I'm trying to learn how to eat healthier foods it is amazing to see all that they put in foods. I often wonder if sugar is addictive because when I would ate foods (I don't anymore that I know of) that had white sugar in it and even white flour, it was like a strong urge to want more. But, I'm thankful for the Lord helping me. I NEVER want to fall back into that pattern again. I know some say it's okay to "treat" yourself every now and then, but that's not for me right now! LOL

So, keep me update with thing you find. I'll check on the blog. I'm on facebook and so if you are on it, look me up.

ZHodges<><